Monday, June 6, 2011

Food Hunting in KK

Touching down the land of Kuching, though glad to be back home again,
I realize how I already miss KK..........and the food.....and.....and.....and.....:'( 
So had the most of the three days of
food hunting,
though I tend to forget some of the names (and the....eherrmm....the price)
of KK's famous restaurant or kopitiam and also the delicacies.....
(guess, I concentrate too much of munching....)

 
The Infinite Arrival......earlier by 10 minutes, so waiting for Dave the Isuzu Dmax to come and pick
Felix and I from the airport

The first destination..........

Hop into a chinese restaurant selling dim-sums........Oh my God....heaven!
Pricing from RM4.50 till RM7.00 or maybe more but I was more interested on the stamping
each and everytime we pick our order(s) :)

Had a tough time trying to choose which dim-sums to order.....Astaga!....which one ah.....

I couldn't recall the name of these heavenly food.....just eat lah!

These I still remember.................The Mini Bun (Siao Long Pau)

These are the fried ones.......plenty of them.....

.........But we ended up with this only ^^ hehe

My favourite!  Chee Cheong Fun but this one comes with 'har' or prawn

Chee Cheong Fun without anything

yum! yum!

Fried Radish or here in Kuching called char kuey

As before the sun set.............so what we had for dinner..........
The extra famous chicken dish (Garlic Fried Chicken)
at the restaurant below Ang's Hotel near Gaya Street....
Another porky side dish also I would like to introduce.....should be nice lah.......


Bean Curd with Minced Chicken

The next day, we went to Nasi Kandar Anak Mami and tried all these............

LASSI and it was a nice glass of yogurt milk....plain and no added sugar.....perfect for me!

The men had tosei (RM2.00 each) that was made from rice flour......I had a bite though....

This was mine!  A big piece of capathi at RM2.00 per set.....

Not forgetting..........coconuts......to keep us "cool"

Kelapa Pandan sold at RM4.00 near the filipino market


Managed to grab some fish dishes at one popular kopitiam called
Kedai Kopi Wan Wan........before heading to the airport.............
(okay, we're already on the last day of KK food hunting, ladies and gentlemen)


Hot soup with fish meat.....Loving it and no wonder the kopitiam is full-housed!

The Kon Lo Noodles....not bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...