Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes

It's going to be Mother's Day tomorrow!!!
Am feeling so extra special, because I have my mother-in-law to wish this special day from now on....:))
Thank God for bringing me another woman in my life.
Oh ya, in Roy's life as well, of course, hahaha!

The four important women in my life ~ ma, grandma, amah and aunty Ah Jin.  For without them, not sure where I would stand now. 

So I did make some cupcakes dedicated specially to Ma and Amah (So, Amah, though you're not here but I hope you'll be able to see these photos and imagining that you have the cupcakes melted in your mouth :))))


Simple recipe with a little bit of modification since I'm trying to reduce the sugar:
For the Cupcakes
(To make 9 cups)
125g of unsalted butter, softened at room-temperature
100g of self-raising flour, sifted
30g of cocoa powder
60g of dark brown sugar
3 medium eggs
2 tablespoon of milk
12-hole muffin tins (lined with paper cases)

Mix well all the above ingredients and bake for 20 minutes in the oven at 190oC

For the Topping:
200g of icing sugar, sifted
100g of butter
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of cocoa powder

Mix well all of the ingredients together and use a piping bag with a nozzle that looks like a 6-pointed star, swirl the icing on cupcakes. 

Got myself the nozzle I wanted and ecstatically I managed to get the swirl I wanted on my cupcakes.  Except that I still need to polish my skill lah :))  


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...