Sunday, May 20, 2012

Haw Flake Cookies

Bought two recipe books again last week including one that
has a "Little Cookies EARN BIG $" statement on the cover.
Yeah, am thinking of using my baking skill to earn pocket money.  Wondering if I can do that? hmmm....


 So baked "Haw Flake Cookies" just now, at late afternoon until I could feel my sore feet.
Just cream the mixture of 150g of butter, 50g of icing sugar and 1 egg white until smooth.  Then fold in 160g of sieved plain flour, 80g of sieved cornflour and not forgetting, crushed haw flakes (here I use around 6-8 small packs).  Mix all of them into a soft dough.  
We can scale each piece one by one so that they look approximately the same size (but here I didn't!)
In the recipe book, a mallet is used to flatten each small dough but since I don't have the meat pounder, I had to use a fork.  Same thing, I just use it to flatten lightly before arrange them on the baking tray.


So they are baked in a preheated oven at 150oC for 20-25 minutes.  Make sure the cookies are cooled before storage.



Though Felix almost finished a quarter of them, I still have some to be kept in my tuppies for my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...