Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Journey to Kota Marudu..... (I)

Another district to be discovered,
thanks to my beloved driver with his Dave, the Isuzu Dmax.
The journey takes roughly 2 hours drive from Kota Kinabalu over a distance of 130 km.


It was 8 o'clock in the bright Sunday morning (17th July 2011)
So had breakfast at the Mamak Restaurant and that's when I saw Nasi Lemak with Sambal Ikan Masin
on the table. 

.........open sesame!.............and I can see the nasi lemak.....

Tamparuli is a small town which is populated mainly by native Dusuns.  

Ever heard about the popular kadazan-dusun song called Jambatan Tamparuli?
Being able to see the long hanging bridge with my own eyes is inspiring. 

The river under the bridge

Another bridge for motorists.......which frequently flooded during heavy rain.


Cowsss.....by the roadside......and I wailed like I've never seen a cow before in my life.

Uncle Kang's farm at Topokon

Pomelo

To the right or to the left, sayang?

Fancy Jagung Bakar?

Can't believe that this lady has an high academic qualification but end up selling Jagung Bakar.....

The many maize

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...