Friday, April 13, 2012

My Angel Food Cake

The first time I knew about the existence of Angel Food Cake was when I watched Martha's Bake
last Sunday.
So just now, with all the ingredients that include:
12 egg whites (whipped together with sugar and cream of tartar until stiff)
 cake flour (here I use low-protein hong kong flour because the girl told me cake flour and hong kong flour are actually the same type of flour, really??)
and.....lemon extract (just because I thought there was vanilla extract in the fridge)

Oh yeah, sound simple yet quite healthy ah?  
So we can assume that there's no or very less cholesterol but except for the sugar lah.....you can lessen the sugar amount to have it less sweet though
After baking for 35-40 minutes, this is how the cake looks like...MESSY!!!! Hahaha, blame me for not carefully putting the light and stiff batter into the tube pan......
Have to invert the pan up side down to cool
After removing the pan...........

Let's slice one!

Like the white smooth texture inside!
So gonna save some for mum, brother and dear hubby!
He's flying in to Kuching tomorrowwwwwww!!!!!
WootWooot!!!*Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...