Saturday, March 5, 2011

Knowing FOLLICULAR NEOPLASM

So googled this so-called term "Follicular Neoplasm" that actually occurs on none other than thyroid which is located in the neck area. 
It is difficult to diagnose and usually discovered as a painless lump on the butterfly-shaped organ. 

Based on Wikipedia, if Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) suggests Follicular Neoplasm, a surgical procedure called thyroid lobectomy should be performed to establish the histopathological diagnosis ~ means whether the lump is adenoma (benign) or carcinoma (maglinant). 


The ultrasound that initially detect something is solid......

Finally, the diagnosis........

The last time I studied about the term called "Neoplasm" ........gosh, when was that?
Over 10 years ago, I think. 
So when Dr Dayang told me of her findings on the FNAC of mum's thyroid,
I felt absolutely blank until that moment I could not hold back my tears anymore.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...